Our program is overseen by a team of cardiovascular specialists who work with you and your primary physician to develop a safe and personalized plan to help you recover following a cardiac-related event. Rehab programs may last from six weeks to more than a year.
Your program may include:
- Exercise: Exercise is performed under the supervision and monitoring of our cardiovascular specialists, following a plan that gradually increases in intensity over time to improve your heart health and overall wellness.
- Nutrition Counseling: You will meet with one of our registered dietitians to learn about how nutrition affects heart health and your overall wellbeing. We will provide guidance so you can maintain a heart-healthy diet.
- Education/Support: You will receive continuous education and support from your dedicated team to help you through your recovery and beyond. Education is focused on reducing the risk for future cardiac-related events and improving overall health and well-being.
- Occupational therapy: You will work with one of our occupational therapists to regain strength and confidence. Our goal is to prepare you to confidently resume your normal daily activities.
Patients who graduate from cardiac rehab will have the opportunity to attend a 60-day Physician Referred Exercise Program (PREP) to further assist with the transition back to an active lifestyle.
Is Cardiac Rehab Right for You?
You may be a candidate for Cardiac Rehab if you have or have had the following:
- Chest pain/blockage in the arteries
- Heart attack
- Heart failure
- Heart surgery such as coronary artery bypass surgery (CABG) or valve repair/replacement
- Heart transplant
- Peripheral vascular disease
- Stent placement
Benefits of Cardiac Rehab include:
- Decreased risk of a future cardiac events
- Improved cardiac and respiratory function
- Increased endurance and strength
- Enhanced performance of daily activities, leisure activities, and recreational activities
- Reduced fatigue
- Improved sleep patterns
- Improved management of blood pressure, cholesterol, and diabetes
- Reduced levels of anxiety and depression
- Improved over well-being
What is your next step?
Talk to your doctor today to see if cardiac rehab is right for you. Cardiac rehab is covered by most insurance plans. Co-pays may be necessary, depending upon your coverage. A physician referral is required to participate.